Class 1 HGV Drivers
We require Class 1 HGV Drivers for temp to perm position at DHL Express based at East Midlands Airport in Castle Donington. As a Class 1 HGV driver you will be trunking airport cargo to different airports and RDC'S throughout the UK with 2-3 sleep outs per week.
You will cover a range of shifts and be flexible in return for competitive wages working for the most international logistics company in the world and voted the UKs 4th best company to work for.
For right candidate this might be an temp to perm position with Class 1 HGV drivers being required to:
- Variable shift start times - given your rota 2 weeks in advance - covering a range of existing runs when holiday and sickness arises
- 12 weeks temp to perm - rare opportunity to get in and work with DHL direct
- £35,000 is the min quoted salary but highly unlikely to be that low as this would be if covering 05:00-14:00 doing just an 8 hr shift (1 hr unpaid break) - most shifts have more unsociable hours pay and earning potential
- MUST be able to do sleepouts - a long distance run where we ensure driver gets a good break and rest period before returning - you may work Sun going to Birmingham then Bristol - sleep in Bristol then return Monday evening to East midlands and have the next night at home - this would happen 3 times in the week meaning 3 sleepout periods and the rest at home - sleepouts are paid and help with the overall annual earning. Minimum 8 hours is paid, but a number of these sleepout runs have driving time far shorter than 8 hours. These also often span over 6 days giving excellent and increased earning potential.
- No Hand balling or involvement in loading/unloading truck
- DHL employees have yearly pay reviews which give great increases and make your earnings continue to rise!
- DHL employees are in the DHL bonus scheme which has a great boost on your annual salary
- Secure onsite parking
- Regular recognition and inclusion
- Uniform provided including summer and winter clothing
- Valid C + E licence
- Valid CPC and Digi Card
- Requirements prior to employment
- Min age 21
- No min number of years' experience but must pass assessment
- 5 year work history (gaps over 28 need a gap reference)
- DBS Check will be done during vetting
- Current C/O aviation security cert (the old Level D) - can be done during vetting
PAYE dynamic rates are:
· Mon-Fri 08:00-19:00 £16ph
· Sat 08:00-19:00 £17ph
· Sun 08:00-19:00 £18ph
· Mon-Fri 19:00-08:00 £18.30ph
· Sat 19:00-08:00 £19.30ph
· Sun 19:00-08:00 £20.30ph
· Overtime £24p
To apply for this position, please click apply.
** If you have had more than 5 jobs within the last 5 years or multiple gaps greater than 28 days out of employment then this could delay your application due to the requirement to have 5 years work history vetted for security purposes **
This position is commutable from places such as: Derby, Chaddesden, Oakwood, Littleover, Mickleover, Sunny Hill, Sinfin, Stenson Fields, Findern, Willington, Melbourne, Aston on Trent, Kegworth, Long Eaton, Ilkeston, Toton, Stapleford, Heanor, Kimberley, Hucknall, Ripley, Loughbrough, Shepshed, Coalville, Ashby De La Zouch, Measham, Thringstone, Nottingham, Clifton, East Leake, Ruddington, Beeston, Wollaton, Wilford, West Bridgeford, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Class 1 HGV Drivers Class 1 HGV Drivers
Extra Personnel do NOT charge any fees for our services.
Extra Personnel Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.